Monday 4 April 2016

The Anniversary

"We warm hands in the sun, where a young love lingers so".
Turn of the Century by Yes.


This week will mark something very special for me.

Some ten years ago, I found myself visiting a local model for the first time - a young lady who had a taste for the Gothic and the flamboyant when it came to looks.
Bright pink hair, high boots, dark moods and expressions that screamed across the frame...
Where, I thought, is the tender engagement of light and form, as an expression of grace, I long to capture in images. Where is the commonality between us? 

I didn't think, as I sat there, that there was any, and yet, as I looked and listened, a series of images played across my mind from something I did love, something, I began to realize, that might provide a nexus between our two approaches to art and creativity...




I wasn't aware then how this scene (particularly from 1:20 in on the video) would become so woven into our future collaborations, but as I replayed this video in my head as we talked, I realized that we could indeed work together.

Ten years on, and I truly relish every moment we have been able to create, and so, I wish to say a huge thank you to my muse, Magenta, and hope that we can do much more in the days to come.




Thank you, also, for following our creative adventures.
I hope that 2016 proves to be a year when more unfolds.

2 comments: